Published on 17th August 2016
At Visualase it is our mission to ensure that once you have made the decision to have laser eye surgery your patient journey is a stress-free, comfortable experience, by providing outstanding care.
Combined with the use of our advanced technology, in the hands of our expert eye surgeons, the results obtained for our patients are superb. The impact laser eye surgery has on our patient's lives is overwhelming, and we are very proud to be able to change their lives through laser eye treatment.
Where do you start?
First and foremost, you will enjoy the benefit of having a consultation with your own doctor, as we know that you will have questions regarding your suitability and the treatment itself. We will help guide you through the process every step of the way, and reassure you that your eyesight is in the best possible hands.
Your experience with Visualase will follow this journey:
- Contact us to book your consultation.
- Pre-assessment - you will need to leave your soft contact lenses out for 3 days and gas permeable ones for 4 weeks prior to your consultation and treatment, if you’re unsure please ring the clinic for advice.
- You will attend your consultation , where your treating surgeon will determine your suitability for laser eye surgery, this is a good time to ask any questions you may have.
- Treatment day - This is when we will perform your laser eye surgery.
- Aftercare - The next day you’ll be re-examined and further checks are carried out as part of our aftercare service, for more information on this, please click here.
Having laser eye surgery is a big decision, so researching the procedures and providers available is extremely important. However, just as important is finding out about the experiences of other people and how they feel about their treatment and its outcome. Here are a few comments from some of our patients after having laser eye surgery:
How important was it to meet the doctor at your consultation?
- ‘’I didn't think about it at first but looking back on it now, I could ask all the questions that I needed to and it put me at ease. When I saw the surgeon on my treatment day it was a familiar face.’’ Kerry
- ‘’It was a crucial part of the process for me and despite looking at the website, I was still unsure but after speaking to the surgeon he reassured me and answered any questions I had on the day.’’ Paul
How did you feel about the treatment itself?
- ‘’I was petrified the night before and couldn’t sleep, but I managed to get myself there and Elaine made me feel very welcome and calmed me down. The surgeon spoke to me about what he was going to do and before I knew it, it was over! I don’t know what I’ve been worried about, it’s completely changed my life.’’ Shirley
- ‘’I was extremely nervous, Hilary took my glasses off for the last time and I laid on the bed and the treatment was nothing like I thought it was. It was over in seconds and I looked at the clock when I sat up and I could see! It was incredible!’’ Joanna
What’s been the best thing about having laser eye surgery?
- ‘’It’s amazing, I can swim underwater and when I come out, I can see everything! I can also go walking in the rain and snow.’’ - Joanna
- ‘’It’s the little things, not having to find my glasses before watching TV, driving and playing sports is much easier.’’ - Kerry
- ‘’Being able to see again without glasses, everything is much brighter and clearer, I don’t know why I didn’t do it 10 years ago!’’ - Wanda
Click here to read what our other patients say about their laser eye surgery journey.
If you would like any additional information, please do give us a call at the clinic on 01204 387467.
If you have any questions about laser eye surgery take a look at our frequently asked questions page here.
All eye surgical procedures carry a level of risk including not obtaining the desired outcome, through to varying levels of visual loss. Your eye surgeon will discuss the risks and benefits, including ones specific to your circumstances, at the time of your pre-operative consultation.